How to make Greek Style Sea Bass.
Ingredients: Serves 4
For the Greek Seasoning:
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp onion granules
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp dried basil (optional)
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
For the Vegetable Topping:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- ½ small eggplant/aubergine, diced
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 8 Kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 1 small lemon, juice only
For the Sea Bass:
- 4 fillets of sea bass
- 10 g fresh parsley, chopped
- Stir together the seasoning ingredients.
- Pop the eggplant/aubergine pieces in a microwavable bowl, cover and cook on high for 4 minutes.
- You can also steam them.
- Add the cooked eggplant to the next step.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and when medium-hot add all topping ingredients, except the preserved lemon and the fresh lemon.
- Sprinkle in half of the seasoning mix and stir.
- Cook until very soft.
- Scrape into a bowl, stir in the chopped preserved lemon and fresh lemon juice, and keep warm.
- Pat dry the fish and score the skin if they are large fillets.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining seasoning mix over the flesh side of the fish fillets.
- Add extra oil to the pan if you need to and heat to medium-high.
- Add the seasoned fish skin-side down.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook a further 1-2 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Place the warm fish on individual plates and top with the vegetable topping and garnishing with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve with rice, boiled new/baby potatoes and/or steamed green vegetables.