How to make a Greek Style Pita Pizza.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
For the Flatbread Pita Crusts:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp active yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz mozzarella, grated
- 4 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 sprigs parsley, roughly chopped
- sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl add warm water, yeast and sugar.
- Give it a stir until the ingredients are combined and dissolved.
- Add olive oil, flour and salt to the yeast mixture.
- Continue kneading the dough for 4-5 minutes until it becomes smooth and supple.
- Transfer the dough to a large lightly greased bowl, turning a few times to coat the dough, then cover with saran wrap and towel.
- Place in a warm area, and allow to rise for about an hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- Prepare all the toppings whilst the dough is rising.
- Deflate the dough and place it on clean work surface.
- Divide the dough in half and shape the dough using a rolling pin and your hands, then transfer onto a prepared baking sheet and continue shaping with your hands if needed.
- Cover with a towel, and leave them to rest for 10 minutes if so desired for a thicker crust.
- Pre-heat the oven to 475F and brush 2 tablespoons of olive oil over each crust.
- Divide the pesto and evenly spread on each crust.
- Do the same for the mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, red onion, artichoke hearts, black olives, oregano, feta and a few sprinkles of sea salt.
- Bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with salad greens and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]