How to make a Greek Style Pasta Salad.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 16 oz dry penne or rotini pasta
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, diced, seeded (peeled or unpeeled)
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup pepperoncinis, chopped
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Coarse ground black pepper
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- Pinch of sugar
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain in a colander, rinse with cold water and drain again, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onions, pepperoncinis, feta cheese and fresh basil.
- Gently toss together and add the pasta.
- For the dressing, place the red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, fresh basil, lemon juice, garlic and sugar in a jar with lid.
- Shake well to mix.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat.
- If you need to, add more olive oil.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight for the best flavour.
- When ready to serve, toss the pasta salad again, garnish with fresh pepper and basil, and enjoy cold or at room temperature.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]