How to make a Greek Style Halloumi Salad.
Ingredients: Serves 2-4
- 250g halloumi cheese
- Green leaf lettuce, chopped
- Cucumber, sliced
- Kalamata or green olives
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion, sliced
- olive oil
For the Greek Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a couple teaspoons of olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Slice the halloumi into 1/4 inch thick slices and fry until golden brown.
- Flip and cook the other sides.
- Remove from the pan.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Compose the salads in large bowls, layering the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and olives.
- Top with fried slices of halloumi.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]