How to make Greek Style Fries.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 14 ounce frozen potato fries (or 3-4 large russet potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus for cooking the fries)
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped red onions (soak in water for 10 mins to reduce pungent taste)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 0.5 cup sliced black olives
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt to taste
Using ready-made french fries:
- Bake or fry the french fries until crispy.
- If baking, spread the frozen fries on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Spray with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes.
- Toss the fries midway through baking.
- If frying, heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the fries and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on a plate lined with paper towel or kitchen tissue.
Making fries from scratch:
- Scrub 3 large russet potatoes and wash them with water.
- Cut them into wedges.
- Soak the wedges in ice-cold water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry using a paper towel.
- You can now either bake or deep-fry in a pan.
- If deep-frying, heat extra virgin oil in a deep pan.
- Once the oil is hot, drop the wedges in and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on a tissue-lined plate.
- If baking, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil on a baking tray and place the wedges in a single layer.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and bake for 25-30 minutes until browned.
- Once the fries are ready, transfer them to a large mixing bowl and pour the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, and salt on top.
- Toss well to coat.
- Transfer to the serving plate.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese, chopped red onions, chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives and chopped parsley.
- Be quick to toss and top the fries or they will get soggy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]