How to make a Greek Style Fish Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1.5 lbs fresh fish fillets, boned and scaled
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 sticks celery, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ chunks
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cups fish broth
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 small bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a good lug of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and celery and cook for 7 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft but not coloured.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes and bay leaves and pour in the fish broth.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring it all to a boil.
- Reduce to a low heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add your fish fillets and bring back to a boil, then reduce to a medium-low heat and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the fish is cooked through and flakes apart.
- Stir in the lemon juice and herbs, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]