How to make Greek Style Chips.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 6 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Peel the potatoes and cut each lengthwise into sticks that are 1/4-inch thick.
- Place the potato sticks in a large pan of water and toss for several minutes with your hands.
- Let them sit for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the potato sticks using a colander and shake several times to get rid of the excess water.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the potatoes and toss the potatoes to evenly distribute.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet on high heat until it’s very hot.
- Place as many potatoes as will fit in the skillet and fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir the potatoes to turn each of them over and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- When the potatoes are a deep golden brown, remove them from the heat onto paper towels to let them drain.
- Sprinkle them with additional sea salt, if desired.