How to make Greek Style Chicken.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 600g chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 x 750g jar Bolognese sauce
- ½ the grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium aubergine, halved and sliced
- 2 medium courgettes, trimmed and sliced
- 1 x 450g can of artichokes, drained and halved
- Warmed pitta bread
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Place the chicken into a bowl with the lemon zest and juice.
- Stir well, cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan on a medium heat.
- Add the onions and aubergine and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and remaining marinade from the bowl.
- Add the courgettes and sun-dried tomatoes and Bolognese sauce.
- Season to taste, cover and simmer on a low-medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the artichokes hearts to the pan and heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with pitta bread and yogurt and garnished with fresh parsley.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]