How to make a Greek Style Aubergine Dip.
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 large Red Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Shallot
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds – lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 a Lemon – juice only
- 5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Parsley – to mix in and to garnish
- 1 tablespoon Basil
- 1 tablespoon Marjoram or Oregano
- Paprika, for garnishing
- Grill or BBQ the Pepper in a pan on the highest heat you can get, turning when the skin is burnt.
- Do the same with the Aubergine, keep turning and cooking till the skin of both vegetables are burnt all over, take off the heat and peel.
- Roughly chop all vegetables, including the roasted ones.
- Chuck into a blender with the Sesame Seeds and Cumin, then blend lightly so it is smooth but not completely a paste.
- Mix in the Herbs, Lemon Juice, seasoning and Olive Oil.
- When serving, garnish with Paprika, Parsley and a drizzle of Olive Oil.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.