How to make a Greek Peasant Salad.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 large red onion, peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 4 oz feta, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine the red wine vinegar, olive oil and red onion in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumber, fresh herbs, olives and feta.
- Pour the olive oil dressing mixed with the onions over the vegetables.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]