How to make Greek Oven Baked Fish.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 800 g fish fillets
- 2 large onions, halved then sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste mixed with ¼ cup water
- 120 ml red or white wine
- ½ cup basil (fresh) plus extra for sprinkling at the end (or use parsley)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Cook the onions in a big drizzle of olive oil for about 10 minutes or until soft, sweet and starting to colour.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients (everything except the fish and fresh basil or parsley).
- Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
- Stir in the basil/parsley.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 190C / 355F.
- Lay the fish in a medium baking dish in a single layer.
- When the sauce is ready, pour it over the fish in the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with the extra basil.
- Serve and enjoy!