How to make a Greek Lentil and Sausage Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- ½ kilo lentils
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Greek oregano
- ½ kilo spicy sausage cut into 2cm thick slices
- Place the lentils in a container filled with water and leave to soak overnight.
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat, and sauté the onion and garlic with the oregano, salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and tender.
- Add the celery and carrots and sauté for another 10 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomato paste, and lentils, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer by covering the pot for an hour, or until the lentils are cooked through and tender.
- Add the sausage and simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- You can drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread..
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.