How to make Greek Lemon Roasted Chicken and Potatoes.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 ½ lbs chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, legs)
- 2 lbs potatoes cut in wedges soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons dry oregano
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cloves (Syzygium Aromaticum)
- 2-3 allspice berries
- Pre-heat the oven at 375 Fahrenheit (190 Celsius).
- Wash the chicken with some white wine and dry with paper towels.
- Rub in pepper, oregano and a bit of salt.
- Set aside.
- Cut the potatoes in wedges or half wedges.
- Put in a large bowl.
- Add about ½ cup olive oil to the potatoes, the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oregano, pepper and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Mix well so that all the potatoes are coated with the oil.
- Pour the potatoes in a pan, so that potatoes are all in one layer.
- Makes sure if you have cut them in wedges and that the tips are not pointing up as they may burn.
- Place the chicken on top.
- Add 2-3 allspice berries, cloves and the 2 garlic cloves cut in fours.
- Add hot water in one corner of the pan and then tilt until there is enough water so that the water comes up about ¼ of the depth of the pan.
- Do not pour over the potatoes as this will rinse off the olive oil.
- If water starts to run low, add more hot water, about ¼ cup.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 375 Fahrenheit (190 Celsius) and then lower at 350 Fahrenheit (175 Celsius) for about 1 hour (1hr and 30 minutes for a whole chicken) until potatoes and chicken are done.
- Make sure potatoes are not undercooked, they must be soft on the inside.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.