How to make a Greek Fish Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 750 g of white fish fillets, preferably boneless
- 1 kg of tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek (just the white part)
- 1 stick of celery
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon (rind and juice)
- 2 cups of fish stock
- 6-8 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of saffron threads
- ½ cup of of chopped parsely
- ⅓ cup of chopped fresh mint
- Finely chop the onion, carrot, garlic and celery.
- Thinly slice the leek.
- Saute them all for abut 10 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Grate the lemon rind and juice the lemon, then add both to the vegetables, along with the stock, the water, tomato and saffron.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Slice the fish fillets into bite-sized pieces and add them to the soup.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Stir in the parsley and mint.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]