How to make Greek Chicken and Orzo.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to 1/4 inch thick, seasoned with salt and pepper (or marinated in Greek dressing for 30 minutes), and grilled or pan-seared
- 1/2 cup dried orzo, cooked according to package directions, mixed with a little olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper (warm or room temperature)
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise then crosswise
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons Greek dressing, plus extra for serving
- Fresh chives
- 1 pita, warmed in toaster and cut into 4 wedges
- 2 small lemon wedges
- Place the spinach in a medium bowl, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of Greek dressing on top and toss using tongs until the spinach is well coated.
- Divide the spinach between two bowls.
- Spoon half of the orzo over the spinach in the centre of each bowl.
- Add the tomatoes to the same medium bowl, drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of Greek dressing on top, and toss, using tongs, until the tomatoes are well coated.
- Pile half of the tomatoes in one section of each bowl.
- Pile half of the kalamata olives in another section of each bowl.
- Pile half of the chicken cubes in another section of each bowl.
- Pile half of the feta in another section of each bowl.
- Arrange 2 warm pita wedges and 1 lemon wedge in each bowl.
- Snip fresh chives over each bowl.
- Serve, with extra dressing on the side.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]