How to make a Greek Bean Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 cup dried cannellini beans
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 stalk of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of ground, dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- black pepper
- Prepare the cannellini beans by soaking them overnight.
- Then simmer them for about half an hour.
- Chop the onion, carrots, garlic, celery and add them all to the prepared beans.
- Add more water if you need to and simmer for about half an hour or until the beans and vegetables are soft.
- Add the tomato paste, olive oil and salt.
- Boil for a couple of minutes until the soup thickens up nicely.
- Garnish with pepper and parsley.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]