How to make a Goan Prawn Curry.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- Prawns – 12 medium-sized, de-veined
- Coconut – 1 cup, chopped
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3/4 tsp
- Ginger – 1/2 inch, roughly chopped
- Garlic cloves – 3, roughly chopped
- Green chilli – 2, small, de-seeded
- Onion – 1/2 cup, chopped
- Tomato – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Tamarind pulp – 1/4 cup
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Add the chopped coconut, 1 green chilli, turmeric, cumin seeds and coriander powder, ginger, and garlic in a blender.
- Add 1 cup of water and pulse.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
- Use a spatula to squeeze out the maximum from the coconut spice mix.
- This is the first, thick coconut milk.
- Add 1-1/4 cup of water this time and pulse again for 2-3 minutes.
- Sieve this mixture again using a spatula to really press out the milk making sure you leave nothing behind.
- This becomes your thin, second milk.
- Discard the coconut and spice remains.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add onions and saute till transparent.
- Add the tomatoes and the remaining green chilli to the pan and cook on medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes become soft.
- Add the prawns and cook on each side for not more than 20 seconds on low heat.
- Pour the second milk to the pan and tamarind pulp, season with salt, and bring to a boil.
- Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the first milk.
- Cover and let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.