How to make a Goan Fish Curry.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 400 g Fish slices
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind paste (or 1 Raw Mango sliced)
To be Ground to a Fine Paste:
- 6 Kashmiri chillies or 2-1/2 tsp of Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 – 1/4 cups Coconut Grated
- 1/2 Ginger piece
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 6 Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- A pinch of Fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Green chilli
- Apply salt on the clean fish slices and keep aside.
- Take a pan and pour the ground paste, along with adequate water.
- When it comes to a boil, add the tamarind pulp.
- Add more salt, if required.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, add the fish slices.
- If you are using raw mango, add the mango slices along with the fish.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Switch off the heat and allow to rest for a couple of hours, so that the fish pieces absorb the flavours.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with rice.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.