How to make Glazed Cake Donuts.
Ingredients: Makes 8
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 ¼ all-purpose flour, divided, plus more for work surface
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Rainbow or chocolate candy sprinkles
- Stir together brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, butter, and egg in a small bowl; add to sugar mixture, and whisk to combine.
- Stir in 1 cup of the flour until blended.
- Stir in 1 more cup of the flour until blended.
- If dough is too sticky to handle, stir in remaining ¼ cup flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until just dry enough to handle.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch in a large cast-iron skillet and fit with a deep-fry thermometer; heat to 350°F over medium-high.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and roll to ½-inch thickness.
- Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut out 8 rounds; use a 1-inch round cutter to cut out holes in the center.
- Working with a few at a time, and being sure not to overcrowd the skillet, gently lower donuts into hot oil.
- Fry, turning once, until golden brown and done, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain, and let cool completely.
- Stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of the milk in a small bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, if you prefer a thinner glaze.
- Dip one side of donuts into glaze, and sprinkle with candy sprinkles and place on a parchment lined sheet until set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.