How to make Ghent Chicken Casserole.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 large carrots
- 1 leek
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 litre chicken broth
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 100 ml cream
- 1 egg yolk
For the Seasoning:
- 2 bay leaves
- thyme leaves
- parsley for garnishing
- Cut the carrots, the celery stalk, the leek very finely (Julienne style).
- Clean and finely chop the garlic and shallot.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in half or in quarters, depending on the size.
- Then submerge them in the chicken stock and season with the thyme and bay leafs.
- Cut the chicken breast into 1-2 cm pieces.
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the shallot and garlic for a few minutes.
- Then add the chicken cubes.
- Fry them over a high heat until they are seared on all sides and lightly browned.
- Take the pan off the heat and place the dish with potatoes on it.
- Bring it to a boil and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken with the garlic and shallot.
- Season the whole with, for example, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Then every few minutes, successively add the celery, carrots and leeks to the stew.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour with a little cold water and mix the egg yolk with the cream.
- Add the flour to the chicken casserole and let it boil for a few more minutes.
- The flour binds the sauce.
- Stir gently so that it is evenly distributed over the chicken casserole.
- Lower the heat and wait until the chicken casserole stops boiling.
- Then add the cream with the egg yolk.
- Keep stirring and then let the ingredients integrate for a few more minutes.
- Check the seasoning and season further if necessary.
- Serve in deep plates and garnish with a sprig of parsley or chervil.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]