How to make Garlic and Chilli Prawns.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 1
- 8 large raw shell-on king prawns
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh red chilli
- a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 50 ml olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 lemon
- Peel the prawns, removing the heads and leaving the tails on.
- Run the tip of a knife down the backs of the peeled prawns and pull out and discard the dark vein.
- Peel the garlic and finely chop with the chilli.
- Pick and finely chop the parsley leaves.
- Drizzle the oil into a shallow heatproof terracotta dish or a small frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the garlic and chilli and fry for 30 seconds to flavour the oil, before stirring in the paprika.
- Add the prawns and fry for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through, adding most of the parsley when you turn the prawns.
- Squeeze half the lemon juice into the dish, then remove from the heat and sprinkle over the remaining parsley and a pinch of sea salt.
- Serve sizzling with warm crusty bread, the remaining lemon cut wedges for squeezing over.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.