How to make a Fruity Beef Tagine.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 750g chuck steak, cubed
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tsp each of ground cumin and coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 large apples, peeled and chopped
- 25g fresh coriander
- 75g dried prunes, halved
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Season the beef chunks, then fry in 1 tbsp of oil until lightly browned all over.
- Transfer to a tagine or casserole dish.
- Add another 2 tbsp of oil to the pan, and fry the onions for 5 minutes before adding the garlic, cumin, coriander, and chilli powder.
- Fry for 2 minutes more, then tip the whole lot into the tagine with 500ml of water.
- Add the tomatoes and chickpeas to the tagine, and stir in the honey and stock cube.
- Add the cinnamon stick, stir well, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover with the lid and stick it in the oven for 1.5 hours.
- Stir in the sweet potato, prunes, chopped coriander, and apple chunks, cover once more and cook in the oven for a further 45 minutes.
- Serve with a scattering of coriander leaves and some flatbreads.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]