How to make Fried Baby Squid.
- 500g of baby squid
- 120g of corn or chickpea flour
- 100g of regular (wheat) Flour
- Extra virgin olive oil
- The first step to start with this recipe is very simple, you just have to wash and clean your baby squids. But do this carefully, since some of them might have some sand or dust on their inside and you don’t want to find that when you bite into it!
- After that let them dry, you can speed this process by drying them with a clean kitchen towel.
- In a large bowl mix the wheat flour and the corn or chickpea flour. Don’t worry if you don’t have one of them, you can use just one type, but by using both you will get a more crunchy result and a more powerful flavor.
- Once that you mixed your flours, toss your baby squids into that bowl and make sure they get entirely covered by the flour, this way you will ensure getting a really crispy result. In the meantime preheat your extra virgin olive oil in a deep and large pan.
- When your oil is hot, it is time to start frying your puntillitas! You can drop and deep fry one by one if you don’t feel comfortable cooking with hot oil, but if you are already used to it you can drop as much as you can but making sure that they have enough room.
- The last step is very simple too! You just have to remove the excess oil from the squids, put a little bit more of salt on top of them and that’s it! They are ready to be served.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.