How to make a French Country Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 6 Chicken pieces (Thighs, Drumsticks, Wings)
- 3 Tomatoes, chopped to varying consistencies, some very fine, some large chunks
- 5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 / 4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 / 4 cup Balsamic Dressing
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Rosemary (leaves only) or 5 tablespoons dried
- Chicken Stock or Water
- 2 Lemons, juice only
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped into large chunks
- 3 cloves Garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 handfulls of Peanuts
- 5 Bay Leaves
- Put a saucepan on a low heat, add the Olive Oil, then the Onion, Bay Leaves and Garlic.
- Simmer and stir occasionally.
- Get a frying pan very hot, sear the Chicken, turning regularly until it is browned all over.
- Add the Rosemary to the saucepan, then half of the Stock or Water, Peanuts, Carrot and Tomatoes.
- When it begins to simmer, add the Chicken, Wine Vinegar, Balsamic Dressing and Lemon Juice.
- Fill to just below the top of the meat with the Stock or Water.
- Add paprika to taste, the aim is to get the liquids, especially the oil, coloured a deep red.
- And then simmer till the Chicken is done.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.