How to make Fluffy Rhubarb Pancakes.
1 Cup or 125 g All Purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Sugar
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 egg, Separated
3 Sticks of Rhubarb cut into centimetre chunks
⅔ cup or 150 ml of Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil or spray for cooking
- Take chopped Rhubarb and heat in microwave for 1 minute, until soft and then allow to cool.
2. Separate egg yolk from the white and place in separate mixing bowls.
3. Sieve flour, baking powder, salt, then add sugar, vanilla and egg yolk.
4. Add the milk and whisk to make pancake batter.
5. Whisk egg white in a separate bowl and whisk until fluffy soft peaks.
6. Drain the rhubarb on some kitchen paper, removing any excess liquid, then add to the pancake batter. Just fold in until combined.
7. Add the whisked egg white and fold into the batter mix, taking care not to over mix.
8. Heat a pan with a drop of oil and place 2 tablespoons of batter in the pan on low heat. Once golden, turn the pancake over and allow to cook until both sides are golden.
9. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy.