How to make Fish Puttanesca.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 1/2 lbs Mild, white fish cut into 4 pieces
- 3 Anchovy fillets, oil packed
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces or 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup Dry white wine
- 1 (28 Oz) can Whole tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 cup Halved, pitted black or castelvetrano olives, about 15-20
- 2 Tbsp Capers, drained
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil or flat leaf parsley, chopped, optional
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for serving, optional
- Garlic bread, for serving, optional
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet or braising pan, heat the butter or oil over medium heat, until bubbling.
- Add the garlic and the anchovies, breaking them up with a wooden spoon, as they cook into the butter, for about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the white wine and cook until slightly reduced, for about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (crushing them with your hands).
- Season with oregano and thyme.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are broken down and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the olives, capers and stir to incorporate.
- Season the fish with salt and nestle it in the sauce.
- Place the skillet or pan in the oven and cook until fish is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork.
- Remove from oven, spoon some of the sauce over the fish.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and red pepper flakes.
- Serve the fish along with the sauce.
- Enjoy it with a salad and/or garlic bread.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.