How to make Fish in Coconut Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 lbs Wild Halibut
- 4 Roma tomatoes, drained of seeds and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 can (13.5oz) lite coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- spray olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- Sea Salt
- Black Ground Pepper
- Fresh Cilantro
- Set a non-stick skillet on high heat.
- Once hot, spray the skillet with olive oil for searing.
- Add the halibut and sear on each side for no more than 2 minutes, or until the outside edges are brown/seared.
- Remove the fish from the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add olive oil, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Saute in the skillet for 3 minutes until the onions turn slightly brown.
- Add the tomatoes and continue cooking and stirring until the tomato slices burst and turn into a paste in the skillet, for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder and bloom the spices for 1 minute.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice, then pour in coconut milk and bring to a light simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low, then cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Then remove the top and add the fish to the sauce, then cover and cook for an additional 6 – 8 minutes on low.
- Remove from the heat, allow the sauce to slightly thicken, then garnish.
- Enjoy with your choice of rice and grilled vegetables.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.