How to make Fish Balls With Homemade Tomato Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4.
- 500g/ 18oz of Cod
- 3 Tablespoons of Flour for dusting.
Ingredients for the Batter:
- 100g/ 3.5oz Flour.
- 40g/ 2 Tablespoons of Cornflour.
- 150ml/ 5floz of Beer.
- Salt and Pepper.
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 200g/ 7oz of Tomato Frito or Passata.
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed.
- 1 Slice of Stale or toasted Bread. Grate into breadcrumbs.
- 30g/ 1oz of Ground Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Sweet Paprika
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper.
First make the sauce:
- In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the tomato frito or passata.
- Then add the garlic and simmer for 2 minutes over a low heat.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a container, place in the tomato mixture, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the breadcrumbs, ground almonds, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Use a handheld blender to mix the ingredients.
- You can also use a mortar and pestle.
- Keep warm until serving.
- First cut the cod into bitesize cubes.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of flour onto a plate.
- Place all the ingredients for the batter into a large bowl.
- Blend well so all the ingredients are combined.
- Take the cubes and dip them first into the flour, then roll them in the batter and place on a plate.
- Now either deep fry the cubes or heat enough oil in a frying pan to cover the cubes and shallow fry.
- Make sure the oil is hot enough before adding the cubes. Do this by dropping a little batter into the oil, it will sizzle if hot enough.
- Cook the cubes until golden brown.
Divide the cubes between 4 serving dishes, and place a small bowl for the tomato sauce on the side. Serve immediately.