How to make a Filipino Pork Hamonado.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 8
- 1 kg pork belly
- 1 ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 medium-sized onion (minced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the pork belly and cut into serving pieces.
- Place the pork belly in a large bowl and add the pineapple juice and soy sauce.
- Mix well.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- After marinating, separate the meat from the marinade.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Sear the pork cuts using high heat until oil has been rendered.
- Flip to sear the other side.
- Transfer the seared pork to a container.
- Sauté the onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the seared pork belly and sauté.
- Add the reserved marinade.
- Add the black pepper, sugar and bay leaves.
- Stir until well-combined.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer using medium-low heat until the pork is tender.
- Stir occasionally while simmering.
- Check the tenderness of the pork using the fork test.
- Once tender, add the pineapple chunks.
- Season with salt.
- Stir well to combine.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is reduced.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.