How to make a Fiery Penne Pasta.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 500g penne pasta
- 2 x 400ml tins of tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 fresh red chillies, de-seeded or 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- small handful of fresh basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- In a large pan heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook gently for a minute before adding the tomatoes, sugar and seasoning.
- Simmer gently for at least 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Check to taste the seasoning.
- While the sauce is simmering cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Once the pasta is al dente drain it reserving a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Add the water to the pasta sauce along with the pasta and stir well so that it’s all evenly coated in the sauce.
- Serve in either a large serving platter or in 4 individual bowls.
- Drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil then scatter the basil leaves on top and finally finish with a good grating of Parmesan.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.