How to make Fettuccini Carbonara.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 400 g fettuccine
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 100 g pancetta or bacon (chopped)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare all ingredients before you begin, then bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add a pinch of salt to the water, then add fettuccine.
- Cook until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the garlic and pancetta (or bacon) until the meat starts to get crispy.
- Reduce the heat, then strain the fettuccine (saving the water) and add the cooked pasta to the pan.
- Add a little of the pasta water.
- Mix most of the Parmesan with the beaten eggs, removed the pan from the heat and quickly add the egg mixture.
- Use tongs to combine the pasta and egg as it cooks.
- You want the egg to get thick without getting it scrambled.
- Add more pasta water if you need it to be ‘wetter’.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.