How to make Feta and Olive Stuffed Bread.
Ingredients: Makes 2 loaves
For the bread:
- 1400 g pastry flour
- 1 cube of yeast
- ½ litre lukewarm water
- 4 tsps sugar
- 4 tsps salt
- 2 tbsp milk (for brushing)
- pastry flour (for dusting)
- butter (for the baking sheet)
For the filling:
- 250 g feta
- 150 g pimiento stuffed olives
- Crumble the yeast, mix with the sugar and half the water and let it rest, covered, at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, dissolved yeast, salt and the remaining water.
- Knead vigorously, cover and let rise for 2 hours.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter and knead the dough again.
- Coarsely dice the feta.
- Finely chop the olives and mix with the feta.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface.
- Spread the filling on top and roll up.
- Pinch the edge tightly and put the olive roll on the baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise for another 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C (approximately 425°F) and place a bowl with cold water on the bottom of the oven.
- Brush the loaf with milk and sprinkle with a little flour.
- Bake the bread for about 40 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take the water bowl from the oven and turn the temperature down to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- Cool the bread on a wire rack and cut.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]