How to make an Egg and Spinach Salad.
This is an easy to make and delicious salad recipe that is perfect as a light lunch and supper or to accompany a main meal.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 4 large eggs
- 60ml/4tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g/2oz ciabatta or other crusty bread
- 2 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50g/2oz sunblush tomatoes in oil plus 30ml/2tbsp of the oil from the tomatoes
- 6 basil leaves, shredded
- 100g/4oz baby spinach leaves
- Place the eggs in a small pan, cover with boiling water and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 6 minutes, drain the eggs, rinse in cold water, tapping the shells all over.
- When cool enough to handle, peel away the shells.
- Cut into quarters.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot.
- Tear the ciabatta or other crusty bread into bite sized pieces and add to the hot oil.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until the croutons are crispy and golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Mix the tomatoes together with the oil and basil.
- Season to taste.
- Empty the spinach into 2 serving bowls, add the croutons, quartered eggs and tomatoes.
- Toss together and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.