How to make an Easter Mediterranean Salad.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4-6
- 2 pitta breads
- 200g mixed cherry tomatoes
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 100g pitted kalamata olives
- 6 tomatoes, halved
- 20g fresh mint leaves
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack halloumi, sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
- Slice the pitta breads in half so that they are 1 layer then cut into smaller wedges.
- Mix 2 tbsp olive oil with the dried oregano and brush both sides of the pitta bread.
- Cook for 10 minutes until crisp, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- On the same baking tray, place the onion wedges and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then add the tomatoes, olives, another 1/2 tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Make the mint dressing by blitzing the mint, garlic and red wine vinegar with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Meanwhile, brush both sides of the halloumi with the remaining oil.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the halloumi for a minute or so on each side until golden.
- Transfer the roasted onion, tomatoes and olives to a serving platter.
- Scatter over the pitta bread and halloumi and drizzle over the mint dressing.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]