How to make an East Indian Pork Sorpotel.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 kg pork belly
- 1/4 kg pork liver
- 50 g ginger
- 75 g garlic
- 10 large green chillies
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 heaped tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- Wash, pat dry and cut the meat and liver into large chunks.
- Apply a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of turmeric to the meat.
- Place the meat in a large pan and fry the pieces until almost fully cooked.
- Let it cool.
- Strain off any stock that remains and retain for use later, if required.
- Cut the meat and liver into tiny pieces, approximately 1cm in size.
- Fry the pieces in small batches until the meat starts to change colour.
- Cut Julienne style the ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the the fresh spices until they begin to change colour.
- Add in the cut and fried meat pieces to the fresh spices and mix well.
- Add in the heaped tablespoon of garam masala and another teaspoon of turmeric powder to the mix.
- Add the vinegar to the mix next.
- You may add the strained stock as well at this time if you find the mix a bit too dry.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add salt to taste.
- Turn off the heat.
- Reheat the Sorpotel once or twice in the next day or two before consuming.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.