How to make an East African Salad.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4-6
- 400 g (14 ounces) tomatoes, chopped seeded
- 125 g (5 ounces) cucumber, chopped
- 75 g (3 ounces) carrot, grated
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 11/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 500 ml (17 fluid ounces) water
- 75 ml (3 fluid ounces) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Granules
- 1/4 Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- Mix onion, 1 tsp of the Sea Salt and water in medium bowl.
- Let it soak for 10 minutes, then drain well.
- Whisk lime juice, oil, honey, Garlic Granules, pepper and remaining ¼ tsp Sea Salt in large bowl.
- Add drained onion, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot and coriander, and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve as a side dish for 4-6 people or as a main dish for 1 or 2.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.