How to make Deviled Sausages.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 12 Pork Sausages
- 1 cup / 250ml Beef Stock
- 1x 14oz/400g can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Mustard (English or Dijon)
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 1 Apple, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Cornstarch/Cornflour
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2-3 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, for frying
- Fry sausages in a dash of oil over medium heat until browned on the outside and cooked through the centre.
- Remove from pan and place to one side.
- Fry onions in the leftover sausage fat until they begin to soften, then add in the apple.
- Continue frying until both begin turning golden, then add in the garlic and fry for 1-2minutes longer.
- In a jug, combine beef stock and cornstarch/cornflour until lump free.
- Pour in the pan with tomatoes and stir until smooth and evenly combined.
- Add in smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and mustard.
- Check for seasoning/spice and adjust accordingly.
- Add sausages back to the pan (with any juices in the bowl) and simmer until the sauce has thickened and the sausages are piping hot all the way through.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.