How to make Crockpot Stuffed Peppers.
Ingredients: Makes 6
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Spray the inside of the crock of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers.
- Set aside the peppers for stuffing, then dice the tops.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add the beef, diced peppers, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, red pepper and black pepper.
- Brown the mixture until no pink in the beef remains.
- Stir in the rice, breaking up any clumps.
- Add 1 ¼ cups of marinara sauce and stir to coat.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the remaining marinara in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Stuff each pepper with the beef-rice mixture, and place them upright in the slow cooker.
- Slow cook on low for 4 hours (or high for 2 hours).
- Sprinkle tops evenly with cheese, close the lid, and allow the cheese to melt in the residual heat for 5-10 minutes before serving garnished with parsley.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]