How to make a Crispy Spanakopita.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 500g Fresh spinach
- 200g Feta Cheese
- 12 Phyllo sheets
- 4 Eggs
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- a handful of fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- a handful of fresh Dill, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons Plain Flour
- Olive Oil
- Rinse the spinach, chop into small pieces and then drain in a colander or use paper towels to get it very dry.
- Add some Olive Oil to a large pan and sauté the Spinach and Onion together till the Spinach is completely wilted.
- Sieve and drain well, then set aside.
- Drain the Feta and then crumble into the Spinach and Onion bowl, add the Flour, Parsley, Dill and Eggs.
- Mix very well.
- Brush a baking pan with Olive Oil.
- Place 4 Phyllo sheets into the pan, brushing the top of each one with olive Oil before adding a sheet on top.
- Dollop half the mixture into the middle of the Phyllo sheets and then spread it out in a thin layer to within 1 inch of the edges.
- Then lay 4 more of the sheets on top, making sure you brush each one with Olive Oil.
- Spread the rest of the mixture in the same way as before.
- Add four more Phyllo sheets, brushing each one and then leave to set for roughly 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to gas mark 5 (375F, 190C) and bake the pie till golden brown.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes and then cut into large squares and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.