How to make Crispy Pork Wontons.
Ingredients: Makes 36
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 36 wonton wrappers
- oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine the pork, celery, garlic, soya sauce and ginger.
- Mix well.
- To assemble the wontons lay the wrapper flat and add 1/2 tablespoon of the filling in the middle.
- Dip your index finger in water and trace it on the outer edges of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold up the wrapper to form a triangle.
- Make sure there are no air pockets.
- Pinch the edges to seal tight.
- Pull the two corners of the triangle across so one overlaps the other, pinch and seal with water.
- To fry the wontons place 1 1/2 inches of cooking oil to a wok or pot.
- Heat the oil until it reaches 375F.
- Add a few wontons to the oil to fry, turning occasionally until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove them to cooling rack (over a baking sheet) so excess oil can drain.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce or another dipping sauce of your choice.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.