How to make Crispy Lemon Chicken.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 800 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 cm2 cubes)
For the Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Batter:
- 3 large eggs
- quarter cup cornstarch
- half teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch white pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Seeds
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 slices of lemon (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Yellow Food colouring
- Place cut chicken breast pieces into a bowl and mix with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To make the batter beat 3 large eggs with 1/4 cup of cornstarch, a pinch of white pepper and baking powder.
- Coat the chicken with the batter.
- Heat around 2 inches of Oil in the bottom of a wok and fry in batches until chicken is fully cooked.
- Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- To make the lemon sauce combine 1/3 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 1 cup chicken broth, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 3/4 teaspoon salt and the food colouring.
- Mix until well combined and add 3 slices of lemon to the sauce mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in your wok and stir in the lemon sauce mixture and heat until well mixed and sauce becomes clear.
- Remove lemon slices and pour the sauce over the chicken and mix.
- Serve with rice and/or broccoli if you want or you can serve them on their own as an appetizer.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.