How to make Crispy Golden Falafel.
Ingredients: Makes around 40
- 300g dried Chickpeas
- 1 Onion, chopped very finely
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 3 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Coriander
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley or 5 dried Parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- Vegetable Oil
- Soak the chickpeas overnight, then drain.
- Boil for 1-2 hours until soft.
- Either put into a food processor with the other ingredients until you make a chunky paste, or grind in a pestle and mortar in batches, pestle and mortar will produce a better texture, taste and then season with salt and pepper.
- Begin to heat the vegetable oil, you will need at least 2 inches of oil in the pan and probably a little more as the falafel will absorb a lot of it.
- You want the falafel to be at least half covered in oil when cooking.
- If the oil is too hot they will burn on the outside while being gooey on the inside, and too low and they may fall apart, so a medium-hot heat.
- Form slightly flattened walnut sized balls with your hands and put one in the oil as a test.
- If it disintegrates add more flour, if not, cook in batches for 5-7 minutes, flipping once, until browned all over.
- Allow to cool and dry on paper towels for a few minutes and then serve hot with Tahini and salad in pitta bread.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.