How to make Crispy Fried Artichokes.
- Medium sized artichokes
- Olive oil
- Flaky salt
- Wash the artichokes and dry them thoroughly.
- Snap off 2 or 3 layers of the outer leaves.
- Cut the stem to 1 inch.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut away the outer dark layer of the stem.
- Use a sharp knife or serrated knife to cut the artichokes crosswise about a third of the way from the stem.
- Stand the artichoke up on the flat, cut side.
- Cut downward, right through the stem, to make ¼-inch thick slices.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet to a depth of ¼ inch.
- Fry the artichoke slices in a single layer until they are browned and crispy on the tips of the leaves.
- Use tongs or a spatula to turn them to brown the reverse side.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Serve immediately.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.