How to make Crispy Calamari.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1Kg Squid cut into rings
- 18 tbsp flour
- 9 tbsp cornflour
- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Heat the oil in a medium to large pan, you need roughly one and a half to two inches of oil.
- In a large sandwich bag mix together the flour, cornflour, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper.
- Rinse the squid and dry slightly on some kitchen paper before adding to the bag with the flour mixture in it.
- Once the oil is 350F/ 180C (If you don’t have a thermometer you can test it by adding a small piece of bread – if it sizzles instantly then it is ready, if not let it heat up a bit more) add the squid in batches and cook for roughly 60 – 90 seconds until crisp and golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm while you cook the rest of the calamari.
- Serve as soon as the last batch is cooked with some wedges of lemon which you can squeeze of the calamari.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.