How to make a Creamy Tzatziki.
Ingredients: Makes 2 Cups
- 2 cups grated cucumber
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and/or dill
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the cucumber in half, lengthwise, and then use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and discard them.
- Grate the cucumber.
- Scatter grated cucumber over a clean dishcloth (or paper towels).
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Then gather up the corners of the dishcloth and squeeze as much liquid from grated cucumber as possible.
- Discard the liquid or save for another use.
- In a medium bowl, combine the squeezed cucumber with yogurt, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, herbs, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Set aside for at least 10 minutes then serve.