How to make a Creamy Tuscan Salmon.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons (6 g) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) paprika
For the Garlic Cream Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
- 1 ½ cups (225 g) cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups (120 g) fresh Spinach
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) Italian seasoning
- ¾- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- ¾-1 cup (240 g) heavy cream
- ½ cup (50 g) grated parmesan
- 2-3 tablespoons basil, chopped
- lemon wedges, for serving
- salt to taste
- Whisk together Italian seasoning, garlic powder and paprika in a shallow bowl.
- Season the salmon fillet with salt and black pepper, and then sprinkle on the spice mixture.
- Heat a tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet or cast-iron pan.
- Add the salmon skin-side up to the pan and cook until the fillet looks golden (5-6 minutes depending on the salmon’s thickness).
- Flip and cook for an additional two more minutes and then transfer the salmon to a plate.
Making the Sauce:
- Melt another tablespoon of butter in the same pan, then add the minced garlic, fresh tomatoes, spinach and Italian seasoning.
- Sauté until the garlic is fragrant, the spinach is wilted, and the tomatoes are just cooked (about 2-3 minutes).
- Pour in the chicken broth and deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom or sides of the skillet.
- Add cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, frequently stirring until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Return the salmon fillets to the skillet and let them heat back up for about 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon some sauce over salmon.
- Remove the creamy Tuscan salmon from the heat and serve with pasta.
- Garnish with lemon wedges, freshly chopped basil and parsley.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]