How to make Creamy Turkish Eggs.
Ingredients: Serves 2
For the Yogurt Spread:
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt, at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 ½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
For the Aleppo Butter:
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
For the Optional Parsley and Jalapeño Oil:
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño pepper
- 1 pinch salt (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Optional)
For the Rest:
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Spoon yoghurt into a medium bowl.
- Grate in garlic and mix to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Add dill and mix thoroughly.
- Set aside at room temperature.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and heat until bubbles begin to burst.
- Add cumin, paprika and chilli flakes.
- Stir until colour is uniform, then turn off heat and let spices infuse.
- Grind parsley and jalapeño together in a mortar.
- Season with salt, drizzle in olive oil and stir to combine.
- Fill a large saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, pour in vinegar and keep the water at a gentle simmer.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl then gently slip egg into the simmering water, holding the bowl just above the surface of water.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Cook eggs until the whites are firm and the yolks have thickened but are not hard, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon, dab on a kitchen towel to remove excess water, and place onto a warm plate.
- Dollop yoghurt mixture onto serving plates.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread yoghurt out into a bed for the eggs, carving ridges into the top to catch the oil.
- Drizzle on some jalapeño oil.
- Top with eggs and a spoonful or two of butter.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.