How to make a Creamy Tuna and Macaroni Salad.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 6 oz dry elbow macaroni pasta
- 5 oz tin of tuna, drained and flaked
- 10 black olives, diced
- ⅓ cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- ⅓ cup hot & sweet jalapeños, diced
- 2 medium celery stalks, sliced
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1-2 tsp table sugar
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Slice olives, peppers, jalapeños, and celery, and then set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Dressing should be relatively thin, so it can easily coat pasta.
- Adjust seasonings per preference.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook macaroni until tender.
- Pour pasta into a colander and rinse with cold water to cool pasta and stop pasta from overcooking.
- Drain pasta and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Add vegetables and toss again.
- Finally, flake tuna and add to pasta, mixing until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Serve immediately or save for quick weekday meals.
- Once chilled, dressing will be mostly absorbed by pasta.
- You may want to make additional dressing and toss again before eating.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.