How to make a Creamy Tomato and Basil Chicken Skillet.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides, for about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, heavy cream, garlic, and basil leaves to a blender and process until smooth.
- Add to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken back to the pan along with cherry tomatoes, cover, and reduce heat.
- Let it simmer until chicken is cooked through, for about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, stir cornstarch into 1 tablespoon cold water and then stir into sauce.
- Sauce will thicken as you simmer.
- Serve with torn fresh basil leaves and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.