How to make a Creamy Summer Cajun Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 4 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 14 oz shelled peas
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp 10-Spice Mix
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- Dash no-salt seasoning
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 soy milk
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Once hot, add the shallot.
- Season with salt.
- Saute until softened, for around 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in the carrots, bell pepper, sweet potato, tomatoes with juice, spice mix, nutritional yeast, celery seed, no-salt seasoning and the water.
- Stir well to combine.
- Raise heat to bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer the soup for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the peas, chickpeas, soy milk and spinach.
- Season to taste.
- Simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes until warmed through and the spinach leaves are a brilliant green.
- Add additional 10-Spice Mix, to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]